‘Intrastat Reporting’ is the requirement for businesses that trade across EU borders.
Intrastat monitors the movement of goods among EU Member States; the data collected empowers EU countries to accumulate essential trade statistics to monitor intra-EU trade.
When reporting Intrastat declarations it can be difficult for businesses to establish where they are required to report Intrastat declarations, but amavat® can help you to recognise what to do, and we can file Intrastat declarations on your behalf across the EU.
If you exceed the annual threshold then you have the obligation to submit Intrastat declarations. It is consequently very important that transaction levels are carefully examined, as businesses have a legal accountability to submit declarations when thresholds are exceeded. If there is a historic liability to submit Intrastat declarations, amavat® can help as our compliance teams have many years of experience of dealing with European Statistics Authorities. Due to these teams we have successfully negotiated reduced retrospective reporting requirements for clients in a number of EU countries. amavat® have also successfully liaised with Statistics Authorities to have penalties for non-submission lessened.
As part of the amavat® Intrastat service we are able to:
- Check relevant thresholds to make sure you submit all the necessary reports and meet your compliance obligations;
- Submit declarations to all necessary EU Member States;
- Evaluate your supply chain to decide where declarations require to be made;
- Instruct you on commodity codes in order to make certain reports conform to regulations; and
- We can help with more intricate declarations (i.e. where thresholds vary between Member States and Inco-terms, and Statistical Values require to be reported).